• Important new study on mural painting
• Lavish photographs, including rarely seen temples
• Essays by the world's leading academics and researchers in this field
• Includes murals recently uncovered and never documented before
• Unique publication on mural painting
Mural Art - Studies in Paintings in Asia is a collection of 10 articles by the best scholars on murals in Afghanistan, China, Tibet, Burma, Thailand and Mongolia - from the 5th to the 18th century. Covering diverse issues including preservation and digital reconstruction of lost murals, this important new book provides information with challenging perspectives based on the latest findings and research. It also reveals murals never before published, recently rediscovered and endangered. This unique publication on murals in Asia counts as a precious testimony of a fragile and inspiring heritage.